AFCAT 2 2023 Notification : The Air Force Common Admission Test, commonly known as AFCAT, is an entrance examination conducted by the Indian Air Force to recruit eligible and deserving candidates for various positions in the Flying and Ground Duty branches, including both Technical and Non-Technical roles. The Indian Air Force has recently released the highly anticipated AFCAT 2 2023 Notification, opening up a plethora of opportunities for aspirants seeking a rewarding career in the prestigious Air Force. This AFCAT 2 Notification 2023 has announced a total of 276 vacancies across flying branch and ground duties for both technical and non-technical posts. The Air Force AFCAT 2/2023 Notification was published in an employment newspaper for 02/2023/ NCC Special Entry/ for courses commencing in July 2024. The application process for AFCAT 2 2023 is set to commence from 1st June 2023 and will remain active until 30th June 2023, providing interested candidates ample time to submit their AFCAT 2 2023 Application Form.
Name: Indian Air Force
Branch Name: Flying, Ground Duty (Technical), Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
No.of Posts: 276 Posts
For Flying Branch
- Minimum 50% marks each in physics and mathematics at 10+2 level and a three-year degree in graduation OR a BE/ BTech degree with a minimum of 60% from a recognized university (or)
- BE/ B Tech degree (Four years of courses) from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
For Ground Duty Technical Branch
- Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) AE (M)
- Minimum 50% marks each in physics and mathematics at 10+2 level and a four-year degree in graduation/ integrated post-graduation in the field of engineering and technology from a recognized university OR
- Cleared Sections A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent disciplines.
- Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) AE (L)
- Minimum 50% marks each in physics and mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum 4 years degree in graduation/ integrated post-graduation in the field of engineering and technology from a recognized university. OR
- Those who have cleared the examination of associate membership of the institution of engineers (India) in both A and B section or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent disciplines.
For Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branch
- Administration & Logistics – Passed 10+2 and Graduate degree with a minimum of 60% marks with a three-year degree course from a recognized university OR should have cleared section A & B examination with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Accounts Branch – Passed 10+2 and done graduation in any of the mentioned streams with 60 % marks or equivalent.
- Meteorology – Passed 10+2 and Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Geography/ Computer Applications/ Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Agricultural Meteorology/ Ecology & Environment/ Geo-physics/ Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together.
- Flying Branch – 20 to 24 years as of 01 July 2024 i.e. born between 2nd July 2000 to 1st July 2004 (both dates inclusive). The upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 years i.e. born between 2nd July 1998 to 1st July 2004 (both dates inclusive).
- Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical) Branches – 20 to 26 years as of 1st July 2024 i.e. born between 2nd July 1998 to 1st July 2004 both dates Inclusive.
|Rank||Pay as per Defence Matrix||Level||MSP|
|Flying Officer||Rs. 56100 – 177500||10||Rs. 15500|
Candidates who are looking forward to joining the Indian Air Force as Commissioned Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) should go through this section to know details about the AFCAT 2 Exam stages.
- Written Examination and SSB Test
- AFSB Test
- Medical Examination
- Candidates registering for AFCAT entry will have to pay an amount of Rs.250/- as an examination fee
- However, candidates registering for NCC Special Entry and Meteorology Entry are not required to pay.
|Online Application Starting Date||1st June 2023|
|Online Application Ending Date||30th June 2023|